What's new
Xplore Sim Racing

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion

i have a rather silly question, but i noticed the cadillac was classified as a "Hypercar" vehicle, different to the Acuras. Is that okay moving forward? The game classified yesterday's race into three classes: DPi, Hypercar and GTC. Thanks beforehand

That is because of the way the Acura was balanced. The authors balanced the Acrua against the S397 Caddy but their post doesn’t say which form. When we had the Caddy locked to DPi mode with was not a correct match, however opening up the Hypercar setting made it competitive with the Acura so that is what the Acura was balanced against, the Hypercar setting.

This I believe was done for groups who wanted to do IMSA style events such as us where the DPis are faster than the LMP2 in real life. However the real DPi class was comprised of modified LMP2 rules so IMSA slowed the LMP2 cars down, which the majority of leagues do not have the ability to do in RF2, and S397 corrected that by upping the abilities on the Cadillac by adding the second setting

Car is feeling much more stable now.

Getting the brakes dialed in and getting the car not bouncing all over has been a learning thing.

GRAB_003.JPGGRAB_004.JPG

@Sonic I see that Bazz has put in considerable time on the server. He is welcome to join us if he has the availability and the interest, but he needs to complete registration

Glad you guys have been enjoying the practice server. 1700 laps run for Sebring already. That’s a huge number. I’ll make a point to keep putting them up early

Current forecast is for temps between 60-70 degrees F with only a 20% chance of rain for the day so we should be looking at a relatively dry event unless a pop-up shower shows up, which lets be real, it is Florida we are talking about here so it is possible. Staying optimistic!

@Lunatech86 It appears that a #14 does not exist within the default liveries. Please choose a new number from the original BMW car set except for #89 as Ritzky has chosen that one.

Welcome Bazz!

So I am not sure what happened on that second yellow for it to malfunction the way it did. I've done dozens of private tests online with the FCY, and at least a dozen with Sebring and never had that issue at a S397 track. At Pukekohe Park one year I think we had a similar issue a couple years ago. The first one was thrown by the game when Alexi and I both spun in dangerous places, I guess the FCY setting was low enough in the track's GBD (which I can not edit and which overrides my series RFM) that it triggered the FCY. That one worked flawlessly. But yeah that second one I called when Bazz was disabled due to his wheel (but before I knew he needed to dnf) and for some reason it just went nuts.

That being said I think I will be suspending FCY temporarily. As much as I want that aspect of the racing and strategy in the game, it clearly needs more testing pre-event to ensure this won't happen and I can not promise the time and availability to be able to handle it. A final decision on this will be made before Long Beach. Thanks for racing with us, and we will see you at the next one. Don't forget if you want myself and the guys to look at any incidents to fill the report out so we can go back and take a look.

@HUNTER666 @Racer X @Turbolader @Glenn @Alex @Webby @Lunatech86 @Yuda Prasanta @Frank (Please inform anyone else that I have not tagged here.)

So I am not sure what happened on that second yellow for it to malfunction the way it did. I've done dozens of private tests online with the FCY, and at least a dozen with Sebring and never had that issue at a S397 track. At Pukekohe Park one year I think we had a similar issue a couple years ago. The first one was thrown by the game when Alexi and I both spun in dangerous places, I guess the FCY setting was low enough in the track's GBD (which I can not edit and which overrides my series RFM) that it triggered the FCY. That one worked flawlessly. But yeah that second one I called when Bazz was disabled due to his wheel (but before I knew he needed to dnf) and for some reason it just went nuts.

That being said I think I will be suspending FCY temporarily. As much as I want that aspect of the racing and strategy in the game, it clearly needs more testing pre-event to ensure this won't happen and I can not promise the time and availability to be able to handle it. A final decision on this will be made before Long Beach. Thanks for racing with us, and we will see you at the next one. Don't forget if you want myself and the guys to look at any incidents to fill the report out so we can go back and take a look.
@XSCC

I want your opinion on the Full Course Yellow situation. All of you that have an opinion and wish to give it. At this time I still am thinking it may need to be suspended for the time being, however, we are now entering the portion of the season where we have 3rd party tracks and I have a little more control over what happens. That does not necessarily mean that it will behave if there is something in the track that is wonky, but it can be easier for me to set a more consistent FCY procedure. A lot of people see it as a silly thing in sim racing as a crashed car can ESC out and no longer be a problem. I see it as a multi-faceted way to make the racing more interesting.

Here is my view point:
I'm a guy who does like realism in my racing so anyway I can get there I like it. At the end of the day I'm still driving a computer generated image with a set of expensive peripherals, but it feels more real. You get the added strategy play, then there is the luck factor for those who pitted before the yellow then get to cycle up the order when the rest of the field takes the pit. The flip side of that is the guy who is out there struggling for pace on worn tires, or is saving fuel and he gets the yellow and is able to make the stop without losing gobs of time to the guys he is racing that maybe pitted before he did. For some of our less seasoned guys or the ones who are older, its a resting point in the race so they can send it harder later in the race than if it ran straight on. And lets not forget about the restarts and the guys trying to time the green, or the excitement of being back in the crowd for guys like me who run a less than optimal pace and find themselves running alone for 60 minutes straight.

I know it can be buggy but AS A DRIVER, for me I want it. AS AN ADMIN, I also know that buggy can be problematic. Last week was a weird scenario that I still need to go back and review and we have seen them before but more often than not its worked fairly well. What do y'all think about it?

Also for now the Long Beach server has been fixed and is up. Once the poll ends on the 21st we will either do final setup for the event that weekend with a different track and move Long Beach down the list a couple rounds, or run the workshop version.

VIR test server is up. As mentioned earlier this week it may be up and down as S397 updates the game with hotfixes for the new systems they added, but we will keep it up as often as we can. It is the DLC version. FCY testing will occur this week. It worked perfectly at St Pete (game called it twice for mulitcar collisions blocking the track) and we had no hiccups with it, although the AIW file had the safety car taking interesting lines 😂. I also found out after the race tonight that I had a pedal calibration problem so you GTEs need to watch out, Im comin for ya! 😋😂

Congrats to @Glenn, @Racer X, and @Alex for the class victories tonight! I have been keep track of the points, and Ill have them posted before we race at VIR.

I guess it'll depend on the rubber down over time and how much more comfortable I can get but I was hustling the GTC car and posted a 1.49.978. I know I can bring it down but damn I feel like its moving. Lot of fun sliding this thing around VIR too. Most fun I've ever had here.

The VIR practice server is still up so make sure to get your laps in!